CTP Green Slip

What is CTP?

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance is mandatory in order to register your vehicle – it is also commonly referred to as a Green Slip.

CTP insurance covers the cost of compensation claims for injury suffered by third parties as a result of an accident caused by you or someone else driving your vehicle

No matter what type of vehicle you use, Ian Hewitt and Associates can provide you with a Competitive CTP Green Slip – and if you are aged 30 or over with zero demerits you may qualify for a discount

Did you know?

Even though your motor vehicle is registered in NSW, your CTP greenslip insurance provides you with cover regardless of where you are in Australia.

CTP Green Slip Insurance is compulsory for all motor vehicles registered in NSW. CTP Green Slip insurance is not required for Trailers and Caravans (vehicles towed by a registered vehicle).

Your greenslip Includes trailers under the greenslip of the towing vehicle.

CTP Green Slip insurance is linked to the vehicle, not the owner, so if you sell your vehicle, the CTP Green Slip policy will be transferred to the new owner. Transport for NSW automatically notifies the CTP insurer of this change.

What’s covered?

A Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Green Slip is a must-have for NSW drivers. You need one before you can register your vehicle.

What’s Covered
A Green Slip covers costs like medical treatment and lost income for people who need it after they’re injured in a road accident.
A Green Slip doesn’t cover damage to your vehicle, other vehicles or property – only injuries.